Monday 21 March 2011

More sun more climbing

Another weekend of sunny Dorset climbing, Saturday had us going down to Portland to blacknor north to do some sport climbing. this day was amazing as the sun was out the shorts were on (for a little wile) and climbing was going well, we started off by heading up two 6a's and a 6b to warm up and then went around to try onighting a 7a+ called Whilst the Cat's Away this lead me to falling of trying to clip the bolt on the crux. I then went up to the top but didn’t try it again as the bottom was just too snappy for me.
I then went around to see how my friend mike was getting on climbing "Is vic there" 7a, he climbing really well and made it to the top on his redpoint. After seeing him do it and taking photo's I decided to have a go on top rope, my first impressions were I don’t think ill lead this but after I came down before I knew it I was on lead clipping the lower offs.

Sunday was another day of collecting some millage down at blacknor north and south. I decided to solo one of the slab climbs on fallen slab.

This weekend coming will lead me and rich to climb some trad down swanage can’t wait



photo's by tommy harris

No comments:

Post a Comment