Tuesday 8 March 2011

The beginning to Blogging

Well it’s about time I joined in to the world of Blogging,

I’ve started the year off very well so far I have been climbing every weekend and will do all year, my main goal for this year is to climb as many routes as I can and every now and then do some hard climbs,

I started the year off by heading down to Portland and clipping some bolts, to start with I was aiming to get some mileage and get as many routes done as I can, this soon changed after I started to get side tracked into the 7a's.

Before I knew it I was on a flight to Italy to join my friend James to climb some ice!!! The whole experience was amazing well for me any way. I had not done much on the ice tools before only what I had done on alpine routes, James was a great guy to climb with as he can really use his tools well as I just swing and hoped for the best, on the last day we decided to go and climb a grade 5 and it was just unreal, even though its not a massive grade for ice but just the experience was just unreal,

After finishing up in Italy I was back to climbing on the rock, after a few trips down Portland me and my friend Rich went down to guillemot Ledge in swanage to get on some trad an excellent day out ending up topping out in the dark after the last E1 of the day.

This weekend was a good one as me and Stu went up to Cheddar gorge and climbed two of the multi pitches there "Castle made of sand" 6c and "Stone Cold Fever" 6b+ both amazing climbs.
Sunday ended up going down to Portland and mainly taking photos but was also good as the sun was out, no wind and at one point no t-shirts (in march),

More post to follow up after the next climbing session

Here are some photos of the last few months climbing:


No comments:

Post a Comment