Sunday 6 October 2013

Hello There Punter

On Saturday me, Dan and Ben headed down to Blacknor Far South, I haven't really been to this crag that much which is a shame as after this visit I will be heading back a lot more. The crag is not like most of the other crags at Portland as when you first see it all you can see is plain black faces with bolts in, most of the hard routes look nuts.

We warmed up on a couple of routes to then go and try a route called no body's hero a 6c up a groove. My first go I got high up into the groove and got my self a bit bamboozled at what I had to do. I saw a couple of holds out left with chalk on and this caused me to fall off by getting sucked into someone else mistake. After pulling up on the rope I found the correct sequence and ticked it next go.

I was a bit pissed at my self as this is only a 6c and that i should have been able to onsight this, o well.

I then tried a 7a called Mechanoids one of the easiest routes up the blank faces, I got high up on this one too and tried to mantle up with me finally popping off, after resting I did it next go and must say that this has had to be one of the best 7a's I have done on Portland.

I only have a week at work then a week off up to north wales or the peak for a bit of sport/ trad and bouldering fingers crossed for good weather.

 
Dan half way up Mechanoids

No comments:

Post a Comment