Saturday 28 September 2013

What's been Cranking

So then after the last few months since my last post a lot has been cracking with my life/climbing.
 

First off we carried on the siege down at Dorset and had some great days out in the sun enjoying some cool low 7 grade routes.

The main one would have to be when I went down to newquay for my stag doo. First off me and my Friend drew headed down a day early to do some climbing at the amazing crag of ansteys cove. This place is so cool almost like being abroad. We both had our eyes set on climbing the main 7b line down there "Empire Of The Sun", after a quick warm up on not much I had a bolt to bolt go on it to see what the crack was. I had a rest while drew had a good blast at it and then had a burn myself. Surprising my self I was one bolt from the lower off not 100% knowing what to do, I tried and tried but eventually fell off. After a good rest I tied back in and had another burn and got to the chains with success.
 
Drew then advised me to try something harder so we went round the corner to try a 8a but sadly I was NO WAY near it. As we returned back to Empire so drew could try it again we arrived at the bottom of the route to find that some bastard had nicked my rope, rope bag and my Gri Gri. What a great start to my stag doo. Luckily drew had his rope as well so we could get the gear back and go get messy in newquay with the rest of the gang.


 My new belay bitch
 
 
 The big day was due so i got out a few more times and the took the Plunge.

Now i can start setting my seights onto what i want through my climbing life and plan a big trip to do some big things, but for now its back down to portland tomoz for some bolt cliping.

here are some pics from a recent trip bouldering....


 
 


 

Photo : Tommy Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment