Saturday 8 June 2013

Power Screams

With another amazing day ahead we headed back down to the same spot THE PROMENADE.

I have had my eyes on a section of routes down the far end of the crag where the grades shoot up and the routes shoot out horizontally. We warmed up on the usual stuff and I watched Tommy dry hump his way up a 6b+. I then wanted to get on my route "Rise of the Robots" (7b+). Ive never done a roof climb like this where you could clip most of the bolts with a clip stick from the deck.

I pulled on to look out at 6 quick draws free hanging thinking "here we go". It wasn't long before I took hold of the clip and pull up on the rope. I thought I would get the rest of the clips in and went bolt to bolt working it roughly as I went up pulling my way through to the lower off.

After a rest and watching Tommy try a 7a+ I jumped back on not really knowing what was going to happen. Before I knew it I was giving it some and a couple of power screams came out. I carried on fighting the power pump and just pulled it off on my first RP.


What a day it has been i just love this place and this sport.

Thanks to Tommy Harris for photo's






No comments:

Post a Comment