Monday 3 June 2013

Getting it done

Another weekend of amazing sun, sea and steep routes. I headed down to the promenade again this week to try a route drew tried last week called electric circus 7b+. After meeting up we stomped down to the crag, had a quick warm up on a 6a and jumped straight on it.

I climbed up to the first bulge where the main crux is to soon find myself saying the same old words every one hears at the crag “Take”. After trying to figure it out I went to the top from the bolt and found the rest of the route ok with a couple of pulls off crimps and then onto jugs of glory.

I had another go and found the beta by dropping the knee on a low foot hold. I then had a couple goes at leading it with a few slips; I then finally caught the crux hold and pulled my way through to the jugs with success. I haven't done many 7b+’s but this one felt just as hard as some of the 7c’s I’ve done, either way I was psyched I got the route done in a day and am looking forward to this weekend.

Where to go????
PROMENADE…..




No comments:

Post a Comment