Sunday 26 May 2013

setting sights on ???

Ive had a wicked few weekends out with the start of it being bouldering. I always used to say bouldering was a load of crap and I had no time for it at all. I will never say that again after the winter spent in the boulder field and in some new venues Ive realised Ive got alot stronger and been able to open doors to the routes I wouldn't of been able to do before.

I headed down to the Promenade with drew this weekend, somewhere Ive been say to him that I wanted to spend my summer climbing. I didn't really know why I wanted to do this or weather I was good enough to spend lots of time here. when we arrived the waves were down and the sun was out, so our psyche was on a high. after warming up we walked round looking for routes to try and we found a few power routes that would suit our bouldering strength. we started on a 7a which I managed to onsight and a bit shocked that it felt not that hard. next up was a 7b+ and after working out the crux it soon went down and I was just thinking about what a amazing day this had turned out to be. drew had done another 7a wile I was on the other route so I thought I would give it ago with the beta and soon found my self flashing it and lowering off.

I will defiantly be heading back to this mega venue.

I got asked a question at the weekend on weather I had a route that I would like to do this year and I honestly didn't have a clue just because I never thought that I would be able to climb hard grades and super cool routes. I think I will have to start searching through the guide books and setting my sights on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment