Friday 3 May 2013

Things are on the up

It has been really good weather in the past week and it started with a Friday down at Portland with a man on a mission.
I headed down there looking to do some first ascents on some boulders my friend drew found. I headed down bright and early ready to hit it with Drew coming over later that day to meet up with some friends in a new area. After arriving at the boulders in the sun thinking how much of a nice day it was, it wasn’t long before I was hoping it would cloud over and cool down. I was dumping rocks everywhere making a flat landing, pulling ivy away and cleaning mud of the top outs.
Once it was all done I laid in the sun for an hour waiting for drew to arrive and also so I could have a rest. He turned up and we both managed to climb all the problems available with high hopes for something hard we ended up with just a handful of v2’s and one v4.
We then headed over to meet friends in a new spot with lots of potential hard problems, maybe more to come soon.

I headed over to Winspit on the Sunday with temps a bit colder then previous days. I had my eye on a 7b+ called rev head highrollers, a cool line that has a steep start and a really good finish up a arĂȘte. I had tried this a couple of times the week before but had no luck on it thinking that the roof was just too much for me, after going up bolt to bolt to get the clips in I pulled the rope and psyched up to just go for it and see what happens. Before I knew it I was through the thuggish roof and at a ok rest, with not much more to go I went for it and ended up clipping the lower off with joy. My first 7b+ of the year.

With my psych on a all-time high I’m heading to cheddar gorge on Sunday to get some on finished business sorted out and head to lion for some hard steep limestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment