Sunday 10 April 2011

ONSIGHT ONSIGHT ONSIGHT

On-sight is the word for this weekend.

On Saturday I went down to Hedbury to climb with my dad I had no plans on doing anything as I have done most of the routes there, in the afternoon we decided to head over to dancing ledge and I was going to give a 7a a go called Mexican wave. This is a route that isn’t too long but about 80% of the time you are horizontal, I started off thugging my way through the roof and it wasn’t long till the pump kicked in I had got to the lip and pulled and pulled but finally popped off. As it was late in the day and my arms felt like they were going to fall off I didn’t get back on for another go.

Today I headed down to Portland to an area called Battleship, I met up with my friend Trev who I hadn’t seen for a while and the climbing started. We warmed up on a 4+ and then the on sighting started. First was a 6a+ then onsighted a 7a which was I was really happy with then decided to go for a 6c and then another 6. I was so happy with today as it’s been a while since I have had a good day like this with hard routes.

North Wales next weekend happy days
Ian trying to onsight "Trance Dance" 7a

No comments:

Post a Comment